[nabs-l] Finding seats VI that does not use cane or dog

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 02:45:14 UTC 2013

I understand what you mean about not wanting to take time off to learn
speech technology, but I'm thinking that maybe there is a
lighter-weight way to combine the speech and the large print, like on
your laptop or an Ipad with a wireless keyboard. Also I am wondering
if you can ask your instructors to send you the notes from the board
by email so you can review them on your laptop rather than needing the
CCTV. Personally as a blind college student, I found the boardwork to
almost always be totally redundant with what was being said verbally,
and so usually wasn't necessary for me to follow closely. What are the
binoculars and monocular used for? It seems there might be a more
compact replacement for those too.

Arielle