[nabs-l] Finding seats VI that does not use cane or dog

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 06:24:06 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just to clarify, what was said about advocating for yourself is
absolutely correct, but it also is refreshing and a great way to
educate other people to get them comfortable enough with you where
once in a while they ask if something simple will work for you.  In
the case I mentioned earlier, it turned out that student is in
engineering and we were able to have a simple discussion about
universal design later on.  Self-advocacy is key, but finding seats is
made easier when your friends give you suggestions on where seats are.
 Of course you can't expect that to happen though, and in cases where
you need to just ask.

Kaiti