[nabs-l] Portable devices for school

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 22:15:09 UTC 2013

I think the netbook is a good and cost-effective option for word
processing, email and other essential computing needs. Braille display
connectivity is also quite possible through the Netbook's USB port, so
that's probably what I would recommend. Laptops or Macbooks with
bluetooth capability would also be good candidates although they are
more expensive. I would vote against using tablets as I don't think
they have enough computing power to act as good writing devices for
blind students by themselves.