[nabs-l] Portable devices for school

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 04:19:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I agree with others; tablets are nice, but I primarily use them for
texting, Skype, and checking email or the internet.  I prefer using my
laptop for heavy reasearch though, like for projects, as well as word
processing and composing emails most of the time.  I think netbooks
are nice and portable, and I like how they have the capability to work
with or without a braille display.  I prefer my UltraBook to any
netbook since it's thinness still makes it light, but it has a little
more power to it, but it is more expensive than a netbook would be,
and a netbook would certainly get the job done.

As for inverting colors, I have some vision but have only needed to
invert colors once IOS7 came out.  This was because the new design
made it difficult for me to see certain things, E.G I could no longer
tell where the message window stops and the keyboard begins by looking
at it without inverting the colors.  I use voiceover so it's not a
huge deal, but inverting the colors did help with contrast..

Kaiti