[nabs-l] Desire to learn, what's the best way to approach using this online learning system?

Bryan Jones opensesame at me.com
Mon Sep 30 14:20:17 UTC 2013

Hello Maurice,

My University also uses D2L and I generally access it through Safari on my 2011 MacBook Air, currently running Mountain Lion. I've had very few problems accessing any section of D2L.

Two years ago I found a bug where VoiceOver did not read the answer choices in quizzes created using D2L's built-in multiple choice quiz module. The Prof & I contacted D2L support and they were quick to verify and troubleshoot the issue. In the meantime I had a human reader speak the answer choices for me.

One thing that took some getting used to was accessing documents posted to the site. I eventually settled on the practice of simply navigating to the document name, pressing VO+Spacebar to open it in D2L's viewer window, navigating to the viewer window,, pressing VO+Command+F5 to bring the mouse pointer, and then clicking the trackpad. This causes the document to download into the Downloads folder on my Macbook where I can choose to open it in my App of choice.

HTH,
Bryan