[nabs-l] The Subminimum Wage Issue

melissa R Green lissa1531 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:17:04 UTC 2014

I have a friend who is working in a work shop in arizona.  She is very
honest about how the employers treat them.  They have to tell a supervisor
if they are going to the bathroom.  When there are tours, the totally blind
people are not allowed to walk around like their partially sighted
co-workers.  When she  asked about this treatment, she was told that it was
in case there is a fire, and other excuses are made. She has also been
harassed because she is outspoken.  If you can, watch the rock center report
on this issue.  there are other disability organizations standing with us on
this issue.  We have been saying that the nfb should be more inclusive and
considerate of other disabilities, and i agree.  It is not just a blindness
issue.  IMHPO, it is a human rights one as well.
Best Wishes
Melissa R. Green and Pj