[nabs-l] Grad School and Training Centers?

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:10:06 UTC 2014

Hi to Sarah and all.  First Sarah, I hope all goes well with you when
you present your case to your counselor about which center you would
like to attend.  I had to do the same thing just a couple days ago.  I
am going to attend an instate center in Chicago called Icrewood.  At
first, my counselor didn't want me to go, because she told me, she
could give me in home training.  But, this was something I knew I
didn't want to do.  I want help in cooking, cleaning, and o and m
skills.  I am looking forward to attending the center.  Even though it
is only between 2 to four months, I am going to get the most out of it
I can.  I had to tell my counselor exactly what my goals were after I
came back from the center.  It wasn't as hard convincing her to let me
go as I had first thought.  My counselor's supervisor was also at the
meeting which I think helped.  Good luck again, and you have to fight
for what you want.