[nabs-l] AP statistics

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Sat Apr 19 03:38:46 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone

I will be taking AP statistics next year. I am going to contact the teacher
of the class next week, but I want to know what I am talking about before I
have a meeting. If anyone has  taken this class, answering these questions
would be very helpful. I am not sure how college stats classes work, but I'd
think they would be similar.

1.        Are graphing calculators needed? I have the TI84 from APH  and
used it this year. Are the statistical functions accessible?

2.       Is excel used? Roughly what parts?

3.       What about the statistical functions part of the Braille note
calculator? Is this used? Again, what functions?

4.       Roughly are there any new Nemeth symbols introduced?

5.       Is there any reason I would have to hand-draw a graph at any point
if I have the calculator and excel available to me?

6.       Are there parts of the course, minus inaccessible software, that
are inaccessible?

Thanks