[nabs-l] AP statistics

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

When I took stats I did not use a graphing calculator.  My professor
was able to give me formulas to use either in Excel or manually to get
the same results.
For me, graphing was a huge part of the curriculum, but it was the
part of stats I did really well in.  For me, it was pretty easy to
picture the graph in my head and to calculate the points, and I would
just write it out in prose and my professor would plot the points as
he was grading my work.

A big thing for me was making sure I had all the materials for graphs
in tactile format, and that was a huge struggle for me personally.
However, as long as that is taken care of I think you'll be fine.  I'd
recommend having something like a sensational blackboard or another
type of tactile drawing kit on hand, so the professor can quickly draw
the graph for you when one isn't pre-made or easily described in words
while he's/she's trying to teach.  My blackboard helped me in the
classroom on more than a few occasions.

On 4/20/14, Carly Mihalakis <carlymih at comcast.net> wrote:
> Good morning, "Lillie,
>
> My, my, so much energy! Yes, you have graphin this and accessable
> tech gagit that, but you don't seem, to have good ol' fashion
> relaxation! If you chase your tail compensating, when will yu ever
> pour your heart into ap stats?At 08:38 PM 4/18/2014, Lillie Pennington
> wrote:
>>Hi Everyone
>>

>>I will be taking AP statistics next year. I am going to contact the
>> teacher
>>of the class next week, but I want to know what I am talking about before
>>have a meeting. If anyone has  taken this class, answering these questions
>>would be very helpful. I am not sure how college stats classes work, but
>> I'd
>>think they would be similar.
>>

>>1.        Are graphing calculators needed? I have the TI84 from APH  and
>>used it this year. Are the statistical functions accessible?
>>

>>2.       Is excel used? Roughly what parts?
>>

>>3.       What about the statistical functions part of the Braille note
>>calculator? Is this used? Again, what functions?
>>

>>4.       Roughly are there any new Nemeth symbols introduced?
>>

>>5.       Is there any reason I would have to hand-draw a graph at any
>> point
>>if I have the calculator and excel available to me?
>>

>>6.       Are there parts of the course, minus inaccessible software, that
>>are inaccessible?
>>

>>Thanks

>>http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/carlymih%40comcast.net

Kaiti