[nabs-l] In person versus online for the summer

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:26:47 UTC 2014

Hi Zack.  Great to hear from you.  I've taken an online class before
which was a science class.  I got a b in the class, which I think was
pretty good.  I had to learn how to use canvas which wasn't to bad
after a while.  However, my suggestion would be to take the class on
campus.  All the reasons you and others have stated are valid points.
You would be able to ask your professor questions directly instead of
having to email him if you need any assistance.  A;lso getting to
learn your routes on campus for your different class is also very
crucial.  If you had things figured out before you had classes in the
fall, you would be more comfortable because you would already know
your way around even with loads of students on campus.  Getting to
know your DS office is also important.  I've gotten to know the people
at my DS office quite well.  For me, when attending my public college,
I used my DS office a lot in the beginning to get textbooks and
different things, but as the years went on, I didn't use them hardly
at all.  I'd also check with your college if they have tutoring
available for classes.  My college had a tutoring center which was
totally free for me.  I just made an appointment to see tutors on a
weekly basis which greatly helped me in math classes.  Like you said
before the decision is ultimately up to you, and I wish you all the
best in whatever you decide.