[nabs-l] iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 03:15:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

What I typically do for powering my IPhone is just carry around an
extra cord (I leave my wall outlet adapter and my usual chord in my
house).  As long as I have my laptop with me, which is most of the
time, I can just feed off of my computer battery.  I typically carry
my computer charger with me as well since there are some days when I
use my computer a lot, so I never have to worry about bringing the
wall adapter anyway.  However, I do love my external battery charger
for when I'm really busy with stuff that isn't school related.  E.G, I
do a bunch of things with my fraternity on a Saturday, then decide to
go out to dinner or somewhere with a friend.  The external battery I
have charges via a USB to mini USB connection or USB to USB
connection, and then stores the charge for several days before you
have to charge it again if you don't use it during that time.  Another
reason why I just carry the charger chord for my IPhone around is that
the USB end of the charger chord plugs right into the external
battery.  I've heard that there are cases which can serve as externals
as well, though I've seen a wide range of opinions on those.

I will provide the disclaimer, like Cindy, that I consider myself to
be a super-user.  I use my IPhone for emailing, recording, accessing
Dropbox, and reading articles and making phone calls on a daily basis.
I'm also still using an IPhone4, and the battery life of that has
deteriorated with time as well  If you're not on your phone all the
time whenever you're not sitting in class and it's up-to-date, I think
you would probably be fine without an external charge.

Kaiti