[nabs-l] NFB Training Center Story from the Colorado Center for the Blind

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 01:41:39 UTC 2014

Excellent article. It's items like these that make me want to come back.

I wish the centers would consider some sort of remote training or some sort
of condensed program for working professionals. The article was especially
touching for me, because as I draw closer and closer to losing all my sight,
I think I could benefit from sleep shade training. It's a humbling
experience going from reading regular print to just barely distinguishing
sidewalks, crosswalks, and traffic lights. I work well with my cane and use
my ears well, and I still dare cars to hit me when I cross an intersection
knowing there are only a few seconds before the light changes. But, you know
it's that extra bit of confidence I feel makes all the difference in the
world.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but thanks for sharing that. If you're on your way to
college, or in college, go to a training center now. Don't wait until you
get out and work. You'll never do it.

Joe

--
Musings of a Work in Progress: