[nabs-l] Thoughts on an interest group for Health Care Professionals

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:01:56 UTC 2014

Kaiti and all,
  This is a great question and one that in my opinion (for whatever it’s worth) is difficult to find a clear answer to without a  good bit of looking around for  likeminded folks.
 I can’t claim to be an expert on how divisions might go about their business, but I imagine Human Services might go about establishing a committee for  healthcare professionals. This might make  for a gathering place within the division and could give all the opportunity to explore common concerns and share tips tricks and  techniques.
   this could make for a great opportunity to expand the  activities, programs and reach of the division   without making any real changes to the  structure of the division.  a part of the  agenda of meetings could easily be carved out to explore the types of things   the committee wants to talk about.
 I think it could be very similar to a committee for international students within NABS. The  positives for such an organized subgroup are present  in that there are certain similarities connecting  these  interests to the larger division, but  differences that  bring important value to having    an established   committee.
 I hope that makes sense.
  Regards,
   Darian.