[nabs-l] Blind braille transcriptionists

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:43:49 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I hope all of you that are in the midst of finals are not stressing
out too much and taking good care of yourselves. I remember there was
a thread a while back regarding the braille transcribers course
offered by NLS. I'm really interested in taking the course just to
have the extra skills and certification, but I'm just curious if there
are blind transcriptionists out there that are actually employed.
College students always need more money and I'm thinking of getting
transcription work on the side while I am in school. Any input on this
would be appreciated. :)

Cheers,
Minh

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on
their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence