[nabs-l] ACT stuff

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Wed Dec 10 01:32:28 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I'll be taking the ACT in Febuary. I met with my guidance counselor in
December and she told me to have my registration to her before Christmas
break.

When I was talking about taking the SAT in June and my aid was concerned
about proctoring the test (because it was in the Summer), and I guess talked
to my counselor who said that my school was not a test site.

I am concerned because when my sister took the test, she was able to take it
at my high school and have a proctor who was familiar with us and how to
fill out the test, as well.

There are a whole new set of guidance counselors at my school, so I am
curious as to how to bring this up. Do I just send my counselor an email
(because I have a question about registration) and ask how my accomidations
arrangements will be made? Or should I do something different?

Also, if I have college board approved accomidations, does that
automatically grant me the ACT, as well? I know the ACT and SAT are managed
by two different companies, and I just thought of this today.

Thanks