[nabs-l] difficulties in highschool

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 16:55:24 UTC 2014

Hi, Ana,
I am in my senior year of college studying to be a high school english teacher. What grade are you in?
How many classes are you taking? Every high school is different and I do not want to assume.
What kinds of schedule do you have? Do you have block scheduling where you are in class for an hour and a half but go to less classes or periods where you cover more classes for a time frame of like 45 minutes?
What kinds of technology do you use?
Do you have folders for print or braille handouts?

Do not worry about getting lost when covering new information in class remember it's new.
Do not be embarrassed to ask the teacher to explain the assignment differently if you do not understand that is her job. Just for my own curiosity, what book are you covering?

Students get lost in college all the time but, they can always get help. There is support on the campus students can utilize as needed. Please do not let this experience discourage you from college.

Best,

Bridget

Sent from my iPad