[nabs-l] We know about college but think back to high school

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 17:16:06 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
For those of you who do not know much about me, I am studying to be an adolescent English teacher covering grades 7 through 12. I will be getting my masters in students with disabilities Ed which covers students with multiple and severe along with a TBVI degree.
After floating around the field for a while I have heard plenty about what staff think they could do for an individual who is blind but to me that's like talking to the wall. I want to go right to the source.

Plan your own transition from high school to college.
Tell me what you want in the curriculum.
Ideas to get you started
Idid you feel prepared making the transition from high school to college?
Did you have to take bridge classes to prepare you for the college curriculum?
What did your high school do to help you make the transition?
Did you think you were going to place at a college level for GEN EDS ie GEC courses?
How did your TBVI support you as you transitioned to college?
Did you feel you knew what to do when you got to the campus?
I'm sure you get where I'm going with this.

Thanks,
Bridget

Sent from my iPad