[nabs-l] Studying a Master's or other degree in the US?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:50:57 UTC 2014

  HI guys
OK this question has been kind of nagging at the back of my mind; I'd
like to return to the US to maybe study a Master's degree, or other
degree, and wonder, what tests would I need to take, so that my college
degree here in Mexico, is validated, or is this not the right list to
ask? I'd like to maybe study something related to access technology,
maybe an instructor; I feel I have the qualifications to be a good
instructor in the areas of
1.-Empathy: I can put myself quickly into the blind person's shoes, from
the initial stages of frustration with the technology, to getting the
hang of it; I've been there, thus feel I'm able to understand the person
Psychologically speaking.
2.-Teaching Style: Since part of my psychology major focused on
Educational Psychology, I feel I have a teaching style that works; how
do you explain then that my technology podcasts are so well-listened to?
3.-Here in Mexico, I've wanted to start on my own being an access
technology instructor, but here in Mexico, because of the high price of
blindness technology, the blindness technology culture isn't as
well-known as in the US, thus also because of a bad experience, I've
been getting the idea maybe I'm not good,? nevertheless there's this bug
that itches to maybe have another chance to teach, thus maybe proving to
myself I'm not as bad as I think I am?
So my questions are (I'm still in the planning/researching stage) how
would I validate my college degree I studied abroad, so that I could get
into a university in the States? ]What tests would i need to take?
because I imagine that being an Access Technology Instructor implies
having a Psychology background of some sort? Thanks for info. Is an
Access Technology Instructor a good job for us the blind?

--
Enviado desde mi lap
RompiendoBarreras espacio de psicología/Superación Personal Sábados 10PM México http://radiogeneral.com ¡los esperamos!