[nabs-l] Using overdrive with apex

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:33:34 UTC 2014

Hi Amanda.  I believe the answer to your question is no for audio
books, and maybe yes for certain public domain ebooks.  My library is
subscribed to overdrive, and I can get a limited number of audio
books.  However, the audio books are in that stupid and very annoying
protected WMA format which I really hate.  This is because first, it
is very difficult to find any player that will play protected WMA
files, so your audio book goes away after two weeks.  The braille-note
can't play the protected WMA files, however, if you get a book that is
in mp3 format it will play just fine.  As for the ebooks, one time I
downloaded Great Expectations in .epub format, and I was able to read
it on my computer with no problems.  I believe the ebook may have come
from the gutenberg project, so the book is in the public domain, so
that is why it wasn't protected. Good luck.