[nabs-l] disability services in college

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 22:50:19 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I am going to be meeting soon with the disability services of my
schools and have some questions/want some insight.
How do you know how good a DSS program is? (Of my three colleges,
one is a Cal State and two are private, so the privates may not
have very good services).
If the DSS is poor but you like the college for all other
reasons, is this a big enough reason not to attend that college?
Also, I'd really like your ideas on questions I could ask DSS.  I
already have 5, which I'll paste below my name, and I would
really appreciate if you could add some more or change any of the
above.
Thanks.
Vejas
Questions to Ask DSS
1.  How quickly is the turnaround time for Braille materials?
2.  Is there a Braille transcriber/braillist on campus, or is
everything just going to be embossed?
3.  Is there anyone on campus who can create raised diagrams for
subjects such as chemistry and mathematics?
4.  What kind of adaptive technology is offered at the school?
5.  Should anything go wrong with my hearing aids, is there
anyone who can help with them?