[nabs-l] Happy new year all!

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 31 21:35:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

With only about 8 hours left (in my time) until the new year, I
just want to wish everyone on this list a happy new year.
Particularly for the list, let's hope that this next year brings
some great discussions, and that we will strive for greater
excellence in high school and or college.

What do you and your family tradditionally do to celebrate the
new year? In mine, we usually get my relatives from France on
Skype to wish them a happy new year and then go out to a
restaurant for dinner.  We talk to my family  around 6 o'clock,
as France is 6 hours ahead of the time here in New York (Eastern
Standard) so it would be midnight in France.  For the past 2
years, one of my uncles (also from France) and his family have
come up here to New York and rented an apartment for the
holidays.  We have had dinner with them at their apartment.

Looking forward to the upcoming year, and let's hope again that
it will be filled with joy and excitement.

Thanks,

Sami.