[nabs-l] [Nfbmn-news] Another summer job opening: PREP Program

Jennifer Dunnam jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 05:52:57 UTC 2014

Job Openings
PREP Counselor

Dates: June 2, 2014 through August 8, 2014

We at BLIND, Incorporated are seeking dynamic,
enthusiastic individuals to work as counselors in
our PREP Program. This program serves children
ages 14-17. Applicants must be able to serve as
role models, and understand and share our
positive philosophy regarding blindness. These
individuals must be skilled in the non-visual
alternative techniques of blindness that we teach
at our training center. While being a graduate of
an NFB center is not a requirement, they should
have the same level of skill, self-confidence,
and independence that we expect from our graduates.

Required Skills:
• enjoy working with children
• be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor
• possess patience and the ability to work as part of a team
• enjoy teaching
• Ability to read and write Braille
•  proficiency in using word processing,
spreadsheets, , the internet, and email using
either the JAWS, Voiceover, or Window-Eyes screen readers
• Ability to write clear and concise reports on student progress

Note: All applicants must pass a background check.

For more information, contact Charlene
Guggisberg, Youth & Special Programs Coordinator,
at 1-800-597-9558 ext. 251 or email a cover
letter and resume to cguggisberg at blindinc.org.