[nabs-l] camp in New York?

sami osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 13 16:08:25 UTC 2014

Hi all.

This summer, I am going to a camp at Manhattanville College in
New York, where I live.
This camp is called a "pre-college camp".  In other words, it is
for getting ready for college.  I think they teach you all the
skills you need for college, like cooking and cleaning and stuff
like that, and they also do recreational activities, such as
music.
Fortunately for me, this camp is only 4 weeks long and not the
whole summer.  That is fortunate because going to France to see
my family is, for me, one of the highlights of the summer.
For those that hadn't applied yet and want to go, it might be too
late to apply for Manhatanville, I'm not sure.  But if it is,
then there is still a chance to apply for the camp at Syracuse
University.
To apply, you will need to fill out the application and also
write a short essay about why you want to go to college.
I currently don't have the link where you can get the
application, but my mom emailed it to me and I believe I saved
it, so if anyone wants a copy of it, you can contact me off list
and I'll send it to you.
If you are a freshman or sophmore in High School and want to know
about college right now, you can also apply for the Columbia
Program at Columbia University.
I've never done that program myself, but I have some school
friends who have.
So I'd like to know if anyone on this list is doing the
pre-college camp or Columbia Program this summer, or if anybody
would like to apply for any of those? If anybody is doing the
pre-college program, then I would of course be glad to meet one
of you in person!
Also another thing I'd like to know is, if anyone did that, how
was your experience of being there?
I'm looking forward to hereing your replies.

Sami.