[nabs-l] how did you learn visual concepts in school

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Wed Feb 19 03:27:26 UTC 2014

I agree. I think education mainly only is good for visual learners.
In terms of of what I use, for the past few years I have been very fortunate to have very excellent tactile diagrams. Some of these diagrams have been also used in classroom instruction after the fact like a 5 foot strip depicting moon phases throughout the month using sand to show the light. Another thing I found interesting in algebra I learning quadratic functions. I was using a computer program to show the motion of the graph. My teacher showed the class the sounds parabolas looked or sounded verses other linear equations.

Sent from my iPhone