[nabs-l] How To Handle Inaccessible PDFS?

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:15:12 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone:

For our response posts in my online Communications class, we have to
read an excerpt that is in PDF format. That is usually fine, except
this time when I clicked on the PDF JAWS said "document is empty." I
know this means the PDF was scanned and OCR was not used.
First, is there anything I can do on my own to be able to read this PDF?
Next, how do I explain to the professor in simple terms that the pdf
was scanned with no OCR and so it is an image? How can the professor
make this pdf accessible so I can read it?
What do you all do about inaccessible PDFs?
Thanks,
Kerri

Just now