[nabs-l] Opinions on a TVI Issue

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:47:34 UTC 2014

Agreed.

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jamie
Principato
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:36 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Opinions on a TVI Issue

There you go. That is very reasonable. As I've said, helping other students
is fine if you're working independently and she has nothing else to do, but
if she's in that class to be your aide, you need to be her first priority
and shouldn't have to wait in line behind students who are not blind and in
need of assistance the regular math teacher can't provide. I would suggest
telling her just that and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 25, 2014, at 1:31 PM, johnnie Jean duran <johnniejduran at gmail.com>
wrote:

> No,
> The TVI will neglect me, and if her assistance is needed, she is not
> there. I don't mind her helping other students, however, when I need
> help, I would like it before she goes to assist other students.
>
>> On 2/25/14, Jamie Principato <blackbyrdfly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let's remember that JJ brought this issue up and only he can tell us
>> if his TVI is failing to meet his blindness related needs. Aleeha
>> simply agreed with him. Some of you are asking her questions as if we
>> are talking about her TVI in particular.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Feb 25, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Carly Mihalakis <carlymih at comcast.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Aleeha,
>>>
>>> And how do you know what distracts the teacher from you?
>>> Again, is she not meeting your needs? I would suggest granting her
>>> the perogative of deciding when she feels "destracted." Frankly,
>>> this sounds like an awfully controlling situation. Do you think she
>>> feels completely controled and dominated by your alleged needs?
>>> Never forget to imagine your roles are reversed, thqat you'r the
>>> teacher and you are charged with some little terror. Hopefully, that
>>> lends some perspective!
>>> !
>>> for today, Car

>>> for