[nabs-l] Music for Band

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:28:16 UTC 2014

Hi Lizzy,

I personally have not paid to have music transcribed through NLS; I
know other transcribers charge, but I have never been asked to pay
anything from the NLS transcriber.

Typically she gets the files to me in a week or so.  If she's really
busy then it can take a week and a half or so.  I just try to get the
music to her as quickly as possible, and when I was in high school the
rule with my directors was that I had to have the print coppies of the
music 3 weeks ahead of when they would be passed out in class so the
transcriber could have 2 weeks to get them done and I could have at
least a week to practice ahead of time.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.  :)

On 1/5/14, lizzy <lizzym0827 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kaiti,
> How long does it usually take to have music transcribed through
> NLS? Does it cost you (personally) anything and if so, about how
> much does it cost per song? Finally, do you receive the songs
> electronically or are hard copies sent in the mail? I may need to
> use this method in college next year.
> Thanks for any info you can give me,
> Lizzy

Kaiti