[nabs-l] Reading grade 1 Braille electronically

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 20:36:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

There are some excellent sources of grade 1 books for children,
including Seedlings, APH, and NBP.  I don't know if this program is
still active, but when I was a kid my mom signed me up to receive 1
book from APH a month.  I know I started receiving them in grade 1,
then switched the subscription to grade 2 once I was ready for it.

Any braille notetaker or display will work.  Bookshare is a valuable
resource when using these displays (not to mention free for students).
 Most of the bookshare books are in very high quality too.

Kaiti