[nabs-l] Workshop: Create an Advertising Directory – NABS Membership Committee

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Jan 15 00:06:36 UTC 2014

Colleagues:

So, we have an idea.  We’re putting on a student seminar, a student division social, or a fun activity at the state convention.  We know how to run it, who will speak, what kind of food we want, but now…how do we get people to attend?  Who do we invite?  How do we spread the word?

We once struggled with these questions in the North Carolina Association of Blind Students, and we devised a solution: create an advertising directory for our state.  With four people working on the project for only about two months, we realized that it was, in fact, possible.

The system is simple. A division can create a directory of disability contacts at all universities, community colleges, and trade schools in its state.  As soon as we had organized this directory, advertising our events became much simpler.  We did it all in Microsoft Excel, too.

The NABS Membership Committee will be hosting a series of conference call workshops, which I will lead, where we will explain and discuss how to organize and best use an advertising directory for student division events in your state.

The first of these conference call workshops will be held:

Monday, January 20
9:00 PM eastern
Dial (605) 475-6700
Enter access code 7869673

We will announce further advertising directory workshops soon.  I look forward to talking with many on Monday.  If you have any questions, please email me directly at <justin.salisbury at earthlink.net>.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury
President
Connecticut Association of Blind Students