[nabs-l] Please help; textbook problem

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:41:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone would know of some way to fix a problem I'm
having with one of my textbooks.  I get text files of each chapter
emailed to me from the Office of Learning Resources.  I am taking
biology 101 this semester, and for some reason that book isn't done
yet.  My disability coordinator sent me the first 7 chapters of the
book so I could have a good start.  The first chapter file was fine,
but when I opened the second to do my pre-lecture for chapter 2 it
appeared that the office had hurried and scanned the book 2 pages at a
time rather than 1.  This file is unusable because parts of sentences
from side-by-side pages are jumbled together.  I have already sent an
email asking for the chapter and another from the batch that was the
same way to be redone propperly and sent to me as soon as possible,
but the pre-lecture for that chapter is due tomorrow in class.  I have
also already asked my professor for an extension should I need to use
it, and I have also had issues with the online course management not
showing resources she says she can see on her account fine.  I have
asked the office to look into it as an accessibility issue, or to see
if something is wrong with my account.

I would like to just get the pre-lecture done if I can though, so I
was wondering if anyone would happen to know of a way I could somehow
separate the 2 side-by-side pages so I can get the chapter in order?
I have not heard of a way to do this myself, but would really
appreciate it if someone had a potential solution I could use so I
don't fall behind in the first week of the semester.

--
Kaiti