[nabs-l] public versus private universities

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 13:06:25 UTC 2014

Hi Sophie.  I can only agree with what everyone else has already
stated.  I've only been to a community college thus far, but overall
my experiences have been pretty positive.  I can not stress strongly
enough to advocate for yourself.  My DSO was very good at getting me
textbooks in audio format and getting me other things like handouts
from teachers.  I would visit the colleges you are interested in, and
talk to people at the DSO to see what services they offer.  I don't
now about the rest of you, but as I went on with doing my courses, I
found myself relying on the DSO less and less to get things I needed.
I would just talk to my instructors and see if I could just have them
email me handouts or just email my assignments to them instead of
printing out reports I'd done.  I am looking forward to going to a
university after I've gotten some indipendent Living training at a
center in Chicago.  Thanks for a great list.  This is a great place to
ask questions and get respectful helpful answers from students who
know what we're going through.