[nabs-l] my introduction

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:49:15 UTC 2014

Welcome to the list, Sami.  I am pretty familiar with Nyack--I'm
originally from Newburgh, New York which is pretty close to Nyack.  I
moved to Connecticut in 2002 when I was 12, but I've been through
Nyack a number of times and my father still lives in that area.  I'm
glad you like attending NYSe for school; I've heard some pretty good
things about it.  I'm also glad to hear that you're a language
enthusiast.  I, myself, have a goal of being fluent in at least five
languages (including English).  Of course, if I can gain fluency in
more, that would be even better.  I speak fluent Spanish (I studied it
in school up to the advanced placement level), I speak some French,
some Italian, some German, good conversational Greek and I also know
bits and pieces of Bosnian, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic (both of which I
want to study more), Zulu, Xhosa and Welsh.  I also know Latin fairly
well, but no one actually speaks Latin conversationally.  Well, I
would because I'm a geek, but that's beside the point.  Anyway,
welcome to the list.  I am sure you will enjoy all our discussions.

Ryan

--
Ryan L. Silveira