[nabs-l] Welcoming New Members

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 20:42:26 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new members to the list, particularly Matt and Sami. I hope you will find in this list the network of resources, support and friendship that all of our members enjoy. If you have a question about anything blindness-related, no matter how odd it may seem to you, please feel welcome to ask it here. You are among friends. We are all here to help each other—to answer each other's questions, to discuss issues facing us as blind students, and to provide encouragement when that is necessary.

To introduce myself, I'm currently a sophomore in high school. I live in Maryland and am active in the Federation here. Currently I serve as secretary of the Maryland Association of Blind Students (MDABS.) Though I have been an on-paper NFB member since I was an infant, I have only been an active participant since 2011, when I attended the Jernigan Institute's Leadership and Advocacy in Washington (LAW) Program. There I found the true value of the Federation on a personal level and began to truly believe in our positive philosophy. Now I am passionate about living Federationism and spreading our message to others. Like Sami, I also enjoy music and am a member of the choirs at school and at church. I look forward to reading all contributions and to getting to know our newer members overtime. Again, to Matt, Sami, and any other new members, welcome to our list!

Chris Nusbaum, Secretary
Maryland Association of Blind Students

Sent from my iPhone