[nabs-l] A question for you all

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 21:27:51 UTC 2014

Hello Matthew,

There is no certification in the US for assistive tech professionals.
You might want to go to college and then grad school where you study rehab 
teaching; some tech instructors have a RT degree; rts are those people who 
teach daily living skills.

How much can you spend? There is a very expensive program, which is 
thousands, online. It specializes in the Microsoft products and screen 
readers. If you take it, you have to also purchase a microphone to have live 
chats with the instructor.
It sounds comprehensive, but ask around who has taken it before investing in 
Its with the assistive technology institute.

The site  is www.blindtraining.com/certifications/

-----Original Message----- 
From: Matthew Dierckens
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:14 AM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [nabs-l] A question for you all

Good morning list.
I am interested in taking some kind of certification course for becoming an 
assisitve technology professional. Does anyone know of any places that will 
do this, and that will also accept Canadians? Thank you.

Matthew Dierckens
Macintosh Trainer
Blind Access Training
1-877-774-7670 ext. 4

nabs-l mailing list
nabs-l at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 

More information about the nabs-l mailing list