[nabs-l] Blindness and Race

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 05:51:46 UTC 2014

Evening, Arielle,

         A misconception that it seems people maintain is that blind
people don't have the very same kinds of judging and catagorizing by
using personal caricturistics such as smell, voice, accent. It fries
my ass to no end  when ol' Sighty is so consumed with information
that is delivered via those ocular organs that, it is assumed that
blind people's existences are absolutely void of the same things that
for everyone else, is thought to lend lives meaning.  In fact, we
have tendancies which are equally superficial as ones which ol'
Sighty seems to cling too, though the one's blind people subscribe
to, as you pointed out are ones that to us hold meaning as vivid as
that which ol' Sighty has about skin color. It is true, we are apt to
notice things like smell, any affects to voice, accents, a particular
way of speaking. Equally superficial and judgmental, just as
meaningless to say, a sighted person as skin color is to us.
Does this make sense?
for today, Car
408-209-3239