[nabs-l] Anyone want to try this app?

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:35:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I just heard about a really neat and very useful app.  It's called
CamCard.  If you receive a business card from someone, you open up the
app and take a photo of the card.  You can then add the information to
your card holder.  When you access a particular card, it's just like
accessing someone from your contacts; you click on the "details"
button and it will show the information on the business card.  When
you click on the number, the phone will call it, just as it would if
the person were in your contacts.  I'm a little disappointed you can't
put the card right in your contacts, but perhaps you can.  I don't
often receive a lot of business cards, so I figured I'd put this out
there for anyone who does.  Give it a shot and tell me what you think.
 I think the app could be really useful for blind and visually
impaired people.  Since we can't read most business cards we are
given, we can scan them and use our phones to read them.  Hopefully
someone will try it.  Let us all know what you think.

--
Ryan L. Silveira