[nabs-l] Special Ed Certification

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 03:36:46 UTC 2014

I understand, it's hard to know for sure just what someone is going through first hand.
In most every special ed setting there is at least one teachers assistant and depending on the students some students can have shared or one on one aids. These individuals are trained to handle the major health and medical needs of the student.
That is not to say the teacher is not required to know first aid and CPR.
She will know what kids are in her classroom and what their medical needs are. If the needs are bad enough the student will have a one on one care attendant. For example if a student has epilepsy and his seizures are active the one on one will care for that child's seizures. With that said the teacher will have to be trained in how to manage the type of seizure the student has just in case.
I hope this helps
Bridget

Sent from my iPad