[nabs-l] Revisiting idea of division for students with multiple disabilities

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 11:34:52 UTC 2014

Good morning, Jahmal and List,

         Personally, as someone with blindness and brain damage, I
don't think further isolating us multiply handicapped  people is a
sensible way. I mean, isn't a teaching of the Federation's, to be
counted amongst the masses, with the Federation's insisting that,
blindness is "just a characteristic?" To totally downplay it? We
appreciate the same thing as "regular" blind people. We would
appreciate our multiple handicapped-ness downplayed, in much a same
way. Definitely not a special division to glorified our double handicappedness.
for today, Car

!