[nabs-l] The Importance Of Independent Travel

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:52:02 UTC 2014

Dear Students,

I'd like to discuss another topic with all of you.  On Monday I
had a conversation with my mobility instructor during my training
session at UCF.  We were talking about the importance of
traveling independently as blind individuals.  I got very
emotional while we were having this conversation and began to
cry.  Because I've never traveled independently in the community,
I lack the experience of traveling on my own.  Can each of you
tell me your stories about inarependent travel? Hope to hear from
you soon.