[nabs-l] Mathematics and Cosmology interest.

Jamie Principato blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 03:28:20 UTC 2014

.i used to be really terrible at Math, too, until a friend and mathematician introduced me to a whole new side of the subject that opened it up for me, and showed me how much simpler it all is when you really start taking it apart. It's also truly fascinating stuff when you have something like cosmology and physics to map it onto. I've been excelling in Math since then, and even decided to pursue a career in physics so I can keep studying math throughout my life. The thing that made the most difference for me was embracing the areas of Math I struggled with, and instead of shying away in embarrassment, tackling the gaps in my foundation head on and practicing and reading and practicing some more until it becomes second nature. Re-learning forgotten arithmetic is nothing to be ashamed of, and even some of History's greatest scientists and mathematicians admitted in their writing of struggling with arithmetic or algebra. You're welcome to email me off list and we can talk specific strategies for specific areas of math you struggle with. I tutor math on the side of my own studies and would love to help you out.

Best,

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone