[nabs-l] question about braille

jonathan franks franks.jonathan13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:19:56 UTC 2014

To be honest at first I hated Braille.

Then one day something clicked in my head and I realized that Braille
is an essential tool I will need to use for the rest of my life.

Those who cannot read print need to utilize braille as a reading
medium so they can keep up with their sighted counterpart in a
literacy sense. It not only comes in handy with reading books, you can
also label your things such as DVD’s and food.

Braille has also come in handy for me while I am at my College. I use
it to be able to find my classrooms and read other building signs.

My philosophy is that if you can learn braille, you should. Technology
is a great tool, but technology is not always going to work and you do
not need batteries or a charger to be able to read braille.

--
Jonathan Franks
Austin Chapter Board Member

Hook the Cure Board Member