[nabs-l] Step Trackers on iPhone

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 04:05:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I know this is more for sports and rec, but I thought I'd use my
resources first.

Do any of you know about an iPhone app that uses the gyroscope to detect steps?

I have heard of apps that do hypothetical computations of steps and
running progress, but I don't want that. I also know of apps that
compare your progress on a GPS to hypothetical step distance, but I am
not in  a position where I can run outside currently, so I am also not
interested in that.

I may purchase a Fitbit, so if any of you use the iOS app, I'd love to
hear about accessibility. I plan on downloading it soon and checking
it out.

Thanks,

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com