[nabs-l] Announcing NABS 2014 Candidates Forum

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:04:53 UTC 2014

Dear all,
As we all know, this year during its annual business meeting NABS will
be holding elections. In that spirit, I will be putting together the
NABS 2014 candidates forum, which will be a time and space where the
membership will get to ask questions and the candidates will answer
those questions, thereby letting us know more about themselves and
their vision for the organization.
How it works: candidates must contact me off list, and let me know if
they are intending to run, which position they are intending to run
for, and if they'd like to participate. Note that preference will be
given to presidential candidates, that is, because of time
constraints; we will not be able to have debates for candidates for
each of the positions which will be up this year. The only position
which is certain to have an opportunity for debate will be the
president's position.
In the next few days I will be circulating a link to a Survey Monkey
which will allow anyone who is a member to submit questions they'd
like candidates to answer. We will put those questions into a pool,
and questions will be randomly selected during the forum. That means
that it is possible not all questions will be asked. However, I will
post the questions publicly after the forum, and candidates can choose
to answer them via the list or whichever way they fancy.
So for right now, those of you who are intending to run for the NABS
board, and are comfortable in declaring that intention please email me
at trillian551 at gmail.com.
I am not part of the NABS board, and I will not be running for any
positions, so rest assure, that I will simply be putting this event
together in an impartial and fair way. I will not be moderating, but
will have a respected member of the NFB moderate. The moderator and I
will be the only ones to see the questions before hand; no candidates
will be given any kind of preferential treatment. Please let me know
if you'd like to participate.
Thanks.

--
Mary Fernandez
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will