[nabs-l] NABS candidates forum questions

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:08:36 UTC 2014

Dear all,
I don't know about all of you but I'm very appreciative to Mary Fernandez for her tireless work in putting together our mentoring program and candidates forum.
Mary is an example of an individual who ran for a board position, didn't get it, but saw that she never really needed it in order to make an impact and to do her part in advancing our cause
My hope is that we all can support her by submitting a question or two to use as a part of this election forum

Efforts such as this, that the individuals both on and off of the nabs bored undertake both in front and behind-the-scenes are just what is needed to make sure that the organization is being served.
We as leaders have the opportunity and obligation to do the best that we can and constantly seek out ways to improve in all aspects of what we do.
Equally so, our membership has a responsibility to not only seek out ways that the board/division can improve, but to be active participants and helping the division improve as a vehicle for collective action and a mechanism of change is just one part of the national Federation of the blind.
  So, let's build and support, learn and grow,, challenge and commend each other.
And now… Let's help make this the best candidates forum yet!

  Darian