[nabs-l] Update-- Candice Chapman for NABS President

Candice Chapman chapman.candicel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 01:27:58 UTC 2014

Dear NABS,

I am writing to inform you all that I will be withdrawing from the race for NABS President. This is not a decision that I have arrived at easily, but one that I feel is necessary. I take my role as a leader very seriously. I believe that one of the top priorities of a leader should be considering how decisions will affect the people that they are leading. It is for this reason that I have arrived at this decision. I do not believe that it is in the best interest of NABS to have three of the members of its board of directors running for the same position.
This message in no way signals an end to my activity in NABS.I will continue to serve in the capacity of NABS treasurer. I’ve been fortunate this year to have your support in this position. I humbly ask that you continue to offer that support in the coming year. I strongly believe that you don’t have to hold a certain position in an organization to affect change.
I offer my most sincere gratitude to those of you who offered support to me in my bid for president. I appreciate the honesty, advice, encouragement and even criticism that you all offered. I believe that something can be learned from every experience, and this one is no different.
I urge you to get to know the remaining candidates for NABSPresident. I’ve had the opportunity to work with them both and think that exploration of both gentlemen is worth sending them an email or giving them a call.
Thanks for reading.

Yours truly,

Candice Chapman

Sent from my iPhone