[nabs-l] [Nabs-presidents] Bre Brown for Secretary

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 03:31:23 UTC 2014

Dear NABS,
I recognize this is my second message of this nature today, but I would be
remiss if I did not publicly support my friend and colleague, Bre Brown. Bre
and I started off in the Federation roughly around the same time, we met in
2010 at a Youth Leadership Academy being held at our National Center in
Baltimore, and since then the rest has been history. I was fortunate enough
to attend the Louisiana Center for the Blind in 2011, and shortly after the
start of my training, Bre arrived as well. It was our training experience
that truly allowed me to see first-hand Bre's high work ethic, meticulous
attention to detail, and passion and dedication for the movement.
In 2012, I had the good fortune to welcome Bre to the great state of Texas.
Bre jumped into our movement here in the Lone Star State head on, assuming
the responsibility of Bell Instructor, Project CHANGE Protégé, and Secretary
of the Texas Association of Blind Students. I can tell you in earnest that
my role as President of one of the largest and busiest state student
divisions in the country would not be possible if I did not have the support
that Bre provides me as TABS Secretary.
Bre is organized, thorough, detail oriented, patient, passionate,
hardworking, and dedicated to our work. She is trust worthy and kind, and
NABS would benefit immensely by having her as our Secretary.
Bre loves the Federation, helping better the lives of blind people, and the
work we do on behalf of students both here in Texas as well as across the
country. Join me in electing Bre Brown Secretary of the National Association
of Blind Students on Wednesday July 2, 2014.
Respectfully,

Gabe Cazares, President
Texas Association of Blind Students
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Twitter: @gmcazares