[nabs-l] Changing JAWS and VoiceOver to Spanish Language

sami osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 14:18:57 UTC 2014

Hi Helga.

For yh first question about Jaws, to change languages, open the
Jaws window, press altogether to get to the menu bar, press down
arrow until you get to the voices submenu, press enter on this.
The first option in this sub-menu will be voice adjustment, press
enter on that.  Then press Tab 3 times until you get to
synthesiser language, then press the Down Arrow until you get to
Spanish and press Enter, and now your Jaws is in Spanish! Note:
there are actually 2 choices for Spanish: Castilian Spanish (from
Spain) and Latin American SpaanishddAl, I prher using this method
rather than the Jaws Language Menu because it has been with my
experience that Jaws would say that changing the language is
unavailable in that menu.
Now to write accented letters in Spanish, when you're in a word
document or anywhere else where you can write, press ctrl
apostrophe, and you have your accented symbol inserted, then all
you have to do is press A, E, I, O, or U (the letters in which
there are accets in Spanish).
Now to answer yh other question, yeseax is possible to do Spanish
on the BrailleNote Apex (I use mine all the time to translate
documents for my school into Spanish).

I hope that I have helped you,

Sami.