[nabs-l] E Readers

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 17:09:08 UTC 2014

Hi,
Yes, to some extent. Some ereaders are also tablets and are accessible. For
instance you can use an ipad or ipot touch as an ereader; I do not have one,
but I know its accessible. You can read I books with voice over. Also, the
Kindle fire HD has just come out with the android screen reader which I
believe is called talk back.

Several ereaders are not accessible yet; these include the sony reader and
nook. Also, sometimes the ebook publishers will make it in a format you
cannot read, even if your device is accessible. For instance, I do not think
adobe digital editions is accessible yet.

Ashley