[nabs-l] Awesome service oppertunity for students

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:25:11 UTC 2014

All:
 Check it out and please do share
!
 AmeriCorps
National Civilian Community Corps
Make a difference. Gain new skills.
Travel the country.
Want to give back while learning new skills? AmeriCorps NCCC could be
the perfect
opportunity for you to help communities, and get the experience of a
lifetime. We are looking for men and
women ages 18-24 who are enthusiastic and hard-working to join our team.
What is NCCC?
AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) is a full-time, team-
based residential service program for young adults who want to give back to
communities in need at different locations across the country.
For 10 months, you'll work on 4-6 projects such as: engaging youth;
building and rehabilitating homes for families in need; cleaning up parks,
streams, trails, and shorelines; fighting and preventing wildfires; and helping
communities recover from disasters. You'll be assigned to one of five campuses
across the country.
What you will get out of the experience:
*
The opportunity to travel across the country
*
Valuable skills to enhance your resume--such as leadership and team building
*
CPR, first aid, and disaster response training
*
Room, board, healthcare, uniform, and equipment
*
A living allowance of about $4,000
*
The ability to defer qualified student loans
*
A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,645 to help pay for college,
graduate school, or pay back qualified student loans
*
The satisfaction of helping communities and making our country a better place
Join AmeriCorps NCCC today!
Apply at www.NationalService.gov or call 800-942-2677 (TTY 800-833-3722).
Follow us on Facebook at AmeriCorpsNCCC and Twitter @AmeriCorpsNCCC.
We offer service opportunities without regard to race, color, national
origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
political affiliation, and other non-merit factors.

--
Darian Smith

Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund
via your phone bill.

The time is now to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

"We know not of our future, but we know of our past. A past that is
made up of our ancestor's Dreams, their stories and hopes.
These sights once seen, sounds heard and emotions felt are now our
knowledge. The knowledge that guides us to this very moment..."
-Darian Smith