[nabs-l] Social skills and blindness

Loren Wakefield theweird1 at mediacombb.net
Thu Mar 6 02:55:16 UTC 2014

To me, if I ask someone to help with the buffett, than I am still in control
of the situation.  That is part of independence to me.  Because of other
health issues, I seldom carry my plate in a public restaurant.

I think that sometimes a le dysfunction of the wonderful federation
philosophy is that it makes one feel like if he or she is not a superstar,
than you are letting down other blind individuals.  Even cDoctor Jernigan
walked with someone if it was more productive to do so.  Independence does
not mean one is a super human.  If it does, I've failed many times and
probably will never achieve it.  And what does it say if you determination
to do absolubely everything on your own, stops you from enjoying life or
advancing in your career?  Doesn't that dreffeat the purpose?

Loren